There’s nothing like taking a long, hot shower after a chaotic day. There’s also nothing quite like the level of revulsion you feel witnessing the lime deposit , mold, caulk & grout problems, and glass film surrounding you. No worries though, keeping your shower in tip-top, paradise shape is more low maintenance than you think. Check out some of the simple tips below!
- Lime Buildup– It’s kind of hard to shower if the water can’t get through the valve. Clean out any pesky lime buildup easily by securing a plastic bag of vinegar to the valve overnight. By morning your shower valve should be free of debris.
- Old Caulk- Believe it or not, caulk and sealant can deteriorate to the point of being useless pretty fast (unless you use Red Devil’s Lifetime® sealant line of course). That means water damage and sea monsters. Okay, mainly water damage. Remember to check up on this at least yearly and remove and replace old or damaged caulk or sealant.
- Grout Issues- There are many ways to clean and sterilize tile grout depending on the level of effort or investment you want to make. Baking soda paste, vinegar, and professional steam cleaners can do the trick. Please avoid resorting to ammonia, bleach, or hydrogen peroxide. A cleaner shower isn’t worth risking your health.
- Shower Film- Aaaaah! Good Lord, what is that?! Oh wait. It’s just a shampoo bottle. I couldn’t tell over the crusted filth of your shower door. You might want to try lemon juice, cornstarch paste, or fabric stain remover when things get a bit too cloudy.
- Mold- Get rid of that funky smelling nastiness by wiping down the shower a couple times a week and keeping the shower area as dry as possible.
Are you a pro with tips of your own? Contact us here to share your knowledge or comment below.
Do you have questions about your home improvement project? Connect with us here or comment below to receive help from one of our pros.